YOUR WARRANTY AND TIPS ON CARING FOR YOUR JONATHAN STEVENS MATTRESS
Congratulations and sweet dreams. A comfortable mattress can dramatically improve the quality of your sleep and a good night’s sleep can lead to a happier and healthier life. Your selection of a Jonathan Stevens Mattress Co mattress set is a great step toward better quality sleep.
To best take care of your mattress set, ensure it’s long-life and preserve your warranty rights, please follow these Do’s and Don’ts of bedding care.
· Do give your new sleep set time to "air" upon removal from its plastic packaging. A new mattress set may have a “new set smell” which will dissipate over time.
· Do properly wrap your mattress and carry it on its side when moving it.
- Do use the handles only for straightening, shifting and adjusting your mattress once it is properly in place on the foundation. The mattress handles are not for lifting or pulling the full weight of the mattress.
- Do keep your bedding clean. We suggest using a protective mattress pad to avoid stains. Washing your mattress pad and vacuuming your mattress every month will help keep your set in a sanitary condition.
- Do rotate your mattress following the instructions accompanied with your warranty information.
- Do use an appropriate frame and center support for full, queen and king size sets. King and Queen Sets should be supported with a bed frame that supports head, foot and sides with rigid center support.
- Don’t place your mattress near open flame or expose to fire. This mattress is not flame – or fireproof, and can ignite and/or burn if exposed to open flame or fire when ignited, some bedding material can burn rapidly and emit smoke and hazardous gases.
- Don’t smoke in bed. This mattress is manufactured as required by federal law to resist, but not necessarily eliminate, ignition by smoldering cigarettes.
- Don’t let anyone stand or jump on your mattress.
- Don’t allow your mattress to get wet. Protect it from liquids with a proper mattress pad.
- Don’t place a board between your mattress and box spring. Your sleep set is designed specifically to provide you with proper support, and the foundation plays an important role. If you think a board will help, this could be a sign that your mattress set is wearing out.
- Don’t bend your mattress. Flex it when going through doorways
· Don’t use dry cleaning fluid on the mattress or any liquid cleaning fluids. These chemicals can/will damage some of the construction materials.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Mattress materials are designed to adjust to your body. During the adjustment period you will notice that the layers are conforming to your body in the area where you sleep. This compression is natural. The cushioning materials are molding to the shape of the sleeper.
It is also normal to notice that the sleep system might feel somewhat softer where you sleep since these areas are conforming to your body faster than the areas that are not being used. Try to sleep on the entire mattress surface to even out the feel of the mattress. Also rotate your mattress to even out the sleeping surface. We recommend rotating your mattress at least 4 times per year.
On king size beds, make an extra effort to sleep on the entire mattress surface, including the center area, during the first several months. Otherwise, you may notice a firm ridge develop in the middle where no one sleeps since the padding layers will not have adjusted to your body with the rest of the mattress. Having an individual sleep in these areas or turning the mattress a ¼ turn will help even out your sleeping surface.
Research shows that a proper sleep-conducive environment is as important as a good mattress in the quality and quantity of rest you get. Sleep experts offer these recommendations:
· Keep your bedroom quiet. If noise is a problem, earplugs or a white noise machine may help.
· If outside light makes your room too bright, try an eye mask or window coverings that darken the bedroom. A dark room is most conducive to sleep.
· A cool environment is recommended. If you're too hot or too cold, simply adjust the thermostat. Experts recommend a room temperature in the low to mid 60’s.
· If your mattress makes you toss and turn, a new sleep set may provide the comfort and support you need for a good night's sleep.
Click here to download the warranty.